Thursday, January 28, 2010

Exposure

I will admit I've been a little down in the dumps lately.... more of a light gray than a black mood-wise. It's probably Seasonal Affective Disorder, although I've never been formally diagnosed. I've been trying to feel happier through exercise, yoga, positive thinking and the like. It is mostly beneficial. I find, when I'm not feeling like my normal glass half-full self, I tend to write more in my journal. Writing is a good purge for me.

Crafting however is typically a happy activity for me. And I just haven't been doing it. Perhaps because my mood is less than craft worthy. Perhaps because it is cold by the window which is where my sewing machine is located. Perhaps because I just can't fully relax to get myself to the right mindset for proper crafting. I've been thinking about it a lot. I've even been having the chicken and the egg conversation regarding crafting and mood.

Anyway, I try to keep this a happy place but wanted to let you know why I've been away a bit more lately than normal. I hope to be back with crafting (and life) deliciousness soon.

2 comments:

Christine said...

January is always a rough month for me. The holidays are over (and I LOVE the holidays), its cold, and it is oh so dark. I work a few 12 hrs days during the week and end up feeling like a vampire. Eeek!

I do the same thing with quilting and my mood. My suggestion is pick a little project and go splurge a little on a few new supplies/fabrics. That always sparks things for me. Hang in there! *Hugs* :) Christine

Cathy (Tinniegirl) said...

The heart of winter is always a gray time for me. I hope you get some sunshine in your soul real soon, and some crafty urges too.

Hugs from the sunny southern hemisphere.