Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Exchange, Part II

My friend received her quilt so now I can finally share! This is the quilt I put together for her. She asked for yellow and green fabrics as her main colors.
When she first said that, I didn't have a clear design idea in mind. As I read different blogs, different ideas came to mind. Finally, I settled in what you see above. Wow, it was so fun to do! Normally, I'm more of an improviser in my quilting. It was a good exercise to do something more structured. And I LOVE the final result. I like how the greens pop. And the fabrics are just some of my favorites.

Laura liked the final quilt so I'm happy! This exchange, although delayed, made my Christmas even more special. Thanks Laura!

3 comments:

Dee said...

You did a great job, Stacy! I love the pattern and the colors.

Christine said...

What a fun cheery quilt!! No wonder she loves it. It was great to meet you today! :) Christine

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

A great big pat on the back for you. This is wonderful.And so full of the joys of spring.