Sunday, March 28, 2010

Cheesy Goodness

On Friday night, I made an absolutely delicious dinner. The original plan had been to bake this Tuscan Cheese Potato Bake on Wednesday but life got away from me and it was put off. You know how that is! But, I had all of the ingredients and the desire.
And let me tell you, it was worth the wait! I made a bunch of modifications (again, I can't cook straight from the recipe!). Instead of buttermilk, I used light cream. The container of buttermilk at the store would have given me A LOT of extra, whereas there is only a bit of cream left. I also used stuffing mix for the bread crumbs on top. And, I added chicken to make it more of a main dish. I halved the recipe and got four servings out of it.

This is such a flavorful recipe. You can definitely taste the blue cheese and garlic. Yet, the potatoes and chicken dial both down a bit so your taste buds aren't overwhelmed. Yum!

5 comments:

RedRedCompletelyRed said...

Oh, wow, that looks good! And blue cheese as well? It doesn't get any better than that!

Dee said...

Sounds delicious!

Christine said...

Ohhhh that looks so yummy!! :) Christine

carlita dee said...

I'm all about the recipes these days, so thank you. :)

Maria Rose said...

Like you I rarely am faithful to a recipe.