Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Shopping While Away

I was out of town this weekend, visiting Pittsburgh to do a program at Pitt with a trip extension to visit family and friends (oh, isn't adding days to a work-y type trip to see loves wonderful?). While I was there, I was able to make a side trip with my mom to an antique/country living store that I simply adore. And, of course, I came home with a couple of treasures.

First, I got this tablecloth from the late 50's. It is in excellent condition... no stains or holes!! It's just about the perfect size for my kitchen table and I just can't wait to host a dinner party with it cheerfully greeting people to the table.

And, I got this fabric scrap. It was part of some curtains from the 1960's. It seems to be just slightly thicker than normal quilting weight. I can already see it in a cute little quilt!

I managed not to leave there with a fiesta ware cup and saucer, although I did love it so. I think the idea of trying to fit it in my carry-on was the deterrent... and nothing else.

What finds have you found lately?

10 comments:

Maria Rose said...

Great finds and excellent restraint on the fiesta ware!

Laura said...

Love the cherry tablecloth! Will look so brilliant on your dining table!

Kara said...

Awesome finds! I haven't found anything cool like this in a while (if you don't count all my Liberty of London stuff).

Dee said...

The fabric with the little wheelbarrows is ADORABLE!!! I love vintage stuff.

I love Fiesta. I have the light blue set (new) and a plate and large bowl from the vintage stuff. I almost bought some more at Macy's the other day, but I resisted.

We are downsizing our home within the next couple of years and I do NOT need more stuff to move. I've been really busy this spring weeding out the stuff I won't take. Goodwill LOVES me this month. LOL

CurlyPops said...

Oooh i'm loving all the flowers on that old curtain. Fab find!

Christine said...

Great finds!! You really have an eye. I'm going to have to go shopping with you sometime to see some of the places you hit :) Christine

carlita dee said...

Both finds are lovely! Wonderful vintage goodness. :)

Leah said...

I love that table cloth, it would look fantastic in my kitchen, well done!

Iron Needles said...

Those are really terrific finds, and I am more than a little jealous here!

Sophie Isobel Designs said...

Oh I love that tablecloth, what a great pattern, I love finding vintage textiles, so sweet. Thanks so much for playing along.
Sophie x