Sunday, March 14, 2010

Thrifting is Good for My Soul

Yesterday, while Rosy was at the groomers, I found a new-to-me little thrift store in West Philly. It's a series of storefronts each housing different goodness - housewares, clothes and furniture. I love sorting through treasures and in the furniture store, this lovely little piece spoke to me. It was $15 and in pretty decent condition for such a little bit of money. Previously, I had an Ikea bookcase in the kitchen corner holding my cookbooks and whatnot. This is such a warm improvement. I'm in love!

I also dipped into the housewares shop and looked through all of the dishes. Oh, such loveliness! I'm surprised I didn't end up taking a bunch of plates home with me! I managed to escape with just this Oneida platter. It's perfect for a Thanksgiving turkey and cost me the whopping price of $4.94. (Yep, such an odd amount.) Oh, Second Mile I'll be back again!!

9 comments:

Christine said...

Oh I love the cabinet! Great find! I love the places you really have to sort through things and treasure hunt. :) Christine

Dee said...

I love those basic white plates. They are so adaptable. Enjoy your new finds. :-)

DK

CurlyPops said...

That's such a sweet little cabinet, what a bargain!

Amanda said...

how sweet are the fine legs on those draws!

m.e (Cathie) said...

that is definitely a wonderful new treasure & thrifting is absolutely good for the soul

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

What an uplifting experience.

carlita dee said...

Ahh, don't you just LOVE thrifting? Always full of surprises. The cabinet is so cute and perfect.

Sophie Isobel Designs said...

What a fabulous find! Looks perfect in that little corner. Thanks so much for playing along.
Sophie x

Cherie said...

Gorgeous find that looks like it's now where it was meant to be ;)