Wednesday, March 10, 2010

When Things Converge....

As I've shared, I'm taking this Unravelling e-course. Today, while reading a bit of my Life is a Verb book, my course and book converged. The author, Patti Digh, wrote about when her four year old borrowed her digital camera. All of the photos she took were of her feet. Left foot, right foot, feet together.



She goes on to talk about her daughter's "fascination with grounding" and documenting herself here in this world. Wow! As I've been busy taking photos of my feet for the last three days, this is exactly what I've been doing as well. I've been documenting my world, the steps I take daily, the avenues - large and small, real and figurative - that I explore and how my ability to move, to be free is so vital. The quote that continues to speak to me is "she is documenting her little march through the world, left, then right, then both." Isn't that what we are all trying to do? Be valid, be true, follow our destiny or right path? I love when things converge like that, as if you are being given a message. See this. Understand this. Live this. And, I wonder, where will my feet take me next?

** ETA: Funny, when I selected that photo I didn't even think of the wisdom in the post being echoed in the photo.

4 comments:

Dee said...

I have a friend that travels with a band --- he photos his feet in a lot of his pictures. I wonder if he's read that same book. LOL

I always thought Chris did it just to prove he was wherever he was. LOL

Christine said...

Very deep! I love the quote about the feet. Enjoy your continued journey- it sounds like a great course! :) Christine

Iron Needles said...

I am enjoying your exploring the photography and sharing your experiences.

Also, as someone who just bought new fabric, I understand that love, too!

Cathy {Tinniegirl} said...

I think this is my favourite ever post from you. I think this course and the book are a little bit of magic in your life. Magic that you were perfectly ready for right now.

Can't wait to see where your feet take you next.