Sunday, May 16, 2010

Making Lemonade from Sprained Lemons

I don't know if I shared but I sprained my wrist a week ago Friday. I was being goofy in the woods by my home and fell off a rock. You know, if you are going to do something don't do it half way. I took that to heart; it was a wonderfully done fall. Anyway, it has been slow to heal. This week I gave in, went to the doctor and got x-rays. And, I was right... just a sprain. Sadly, it has limited my crafting quite a bit. I've been reading but no sewing, no knitting, no jewelry, no cooking even. In the meantime, I purchased a dress pattern. When you can't craft, buy things for future crafting.... yep, that's my new motto!
Anywho, luckily my mom was coming to visit this weekend. Lucky because not only did I get to whine a wee bit about the wrist but we wandered around Philly, distracting me from the sewing drought occurring in my kitchen.
On Saturday we visited one of my favorite breakfast places in Chestnut Hill, Cafette. We brunched with a friend of mine and then headed down to Penn's Landing for the Art Star Craft Bazaar. I'm always up for a craft show and having been to this delight before I knew it wouldn't disappoint. I ended up buying the coolest spiral journal made with children books. I'm anticipating pasting recipes from magazines inside so they can be slightly more organized.
Today, we wandered around Morris Arboretum for quite a bit. We found a bench and ate lunch. We walked and took photos and walked some more. We found another bench, under a lush tree and listened to the hummingbird nearby and children's laughter in the distance. We read. We welcomed the warmth of the sun. It was utterly delightful!

How was your weekend?

3 comments:

Dee said...

Love the duck photo. Good capture.

The weekend for us was busy, busy!

We have a 5K next weekend and I decided I wanted new shoes. Today it was new socks! LOL

Then it was off to lunch. I took a whole bunch of photos....then forgot to hit the download button on the computer. Took out the SD card and deleted the photos and THEN went to look for them on the computer. DUH ----- I felt like SUCH a dummy!

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

Love this post. Hope you wrist feels better soon.

Maria Rose said...

Well if that doesn't help you heal I don't know what will!