Sunday, June 13, 2010

Flea Market Success

Today, my mom and I went to the flea market not far from her house. It was a rainy, yucky morning so our expectations were low. There were not a lot of vendors there. However, we both managed success!! I bought this lovely black glass bead necklace for $5. I foresee a pretty heavy rotation for this piece, as it is really pretty and so versatile.
I also found these two crates from soda pop. Since my living room is yellow and red, these will fit in perfectly!! At $5 each, I had to get them both. I can't wait to try them out.
My mom got a bench to use as a coffee table in her living room. It looks great!!

And, my mom found this lovely little piece in the basement. It was my stepfather's mother's camera, an oldddd Kodak. I am planning on using it as a display piece. It's just a matter of where it will fit.
Such lovely finds! I'm so glad we didn't let the rain deter us from the outing!

Check out more Flea Market Finds at Sophie's.

9 comments:

Christine said...

Fun! I love the crates- especially since it has Squirt on it! :) Christine

Nick said...

Love the crates and that camera...it is beautiful!

natalea said...

oh! love those crates! and what a deal!
are you enjoying your WNY stay? Did you still want to get together Thursday? I can meet you after 2pm wherever if you'd like! Let me know!
kandeland@roadrunner.com
xo natalea

Kara said...

Sweet scores!

Iron Needles said...

Love a good outing like that, especially with some swell finds like those!

madalyn said...

Such great finds!

Natasha said...

You're blog is so fun! I'm passing on the Versatile Blog Award and I picked your blog for my list of 15 blogs to choose. You can check out the award details over on my blog!

melissa said...

I really like your blog! I'm a new author and have enjoyed this new experience. I find that it's the most difficult and most rewarding. I'm also a graphic designer and love having that creative outlet as well.
Thanks for your post! I will be back for more updates. :-)

Melissa Nielsen
frommysomewhatseriousmind.blogspot.com www.printhis.biz

Dee said...

How cool! Love the old camera. That is quite a find.

YUM! Squirt. That was one of my favorite sodas when I was a kid.