Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Memorial Day Edition Before and After

I figured this weekend was a good time to take on a project I came upon lately. I found this vase outside my building, left for a couple of days. I thought it had some potential and knew a little spray paint was in order. On Saturday, after an Ikea outing, I stopped by Home Depot. (Seriously happy place for me... have you smelled the wood aisle?) and got some red paint. Now this little lovely piece is even more lovely. I'm thinking it would be a great repository for shorter knitting needles. What do you think?

6 comments:

Maria Rose said...

I love it! What a great idea!

Laura said...

Love that idea! What a great way to upcycle!

Dee said...

Perfect!

Iron Needles said...

I am trying to figure something out for my dpns right now. I like your quilt, but find I am the hardest critic of my own work.

Glad you found the weekend a good one!

Jill said...

ah, trash to treasure! it's so cheery :)

carlita dee said...

Yes! Knitting needles! Great red.