Saturday, June 19, 2010

Seeing Red

Today was all about red. As in seeing red things. My mom and I went to the farmer's market this morning and got lots of yummy goodness: cinnamon raisin bread, strawberries, tomatoes, mozzarella, and flowers. I think we are having the rather odd dinner of caprese salad followed by french toast. On the way home, we saw this building. For those that don't know, carrousels were made in North Tonawanda, NY for a long time. This is part of the museum I believe.
Then when out and about today, I saw this red door. Everything about this door speaks to me: the columns, the light, the screen door, the crack in the front step. It's all lovely and pretty.
And then, this grist mill in Williamsville.... I was a day early in meeting someone there because I wasn't thinking clearly. And since I was there, I figured sneaking in a few shots was a worthy venture. Oh, how I love all of the red enveloping my day!
What color has been speaking to you today?

3 comments:

Dee said...

Love the red buildings! Oh how I miss old buildings.

Cathy {Tinniegirl} said...

Did you know that red front doors are excellent Feng Shui? We had a red front door at our previous house and we loved it.

Kara said...

Tis the season for Farmers Markets! I love that red door too. It is easy to see why you are taken with it.