Thursday, July 1, 2010

Positivity Abounds

My fabric basket is overflowing. This weekend I need to work on my new dress. I love the fabric and could see it being a summer favorite. I just need to sew it! And then I do have some quilt tops swirling around in my brain. I'd like to make something picnic/Shakespeare in the Park worthy. Summer sewing, I'll be right there!
I've also been thinking a lot about body image. I think I'm going to be launching a new blog, with guest bloggers periodically, to discuss body image. I've been confronted lately with people ragging on parts of their body or companies sending negative messages to women. As I witness that more and more, I feel a need to be part of a positive conversation.

Creatively, I've been writing. In part for the 21.5.800 yoga project and part to get out thoughts. The other day, merely looking outside at the rainy, windy day inspired me to write for a wee bit. So deliciously good! Look back for some of those creative thoughts in the near future...

I'm also contemplating this class, run by an Unravelling friend. Heather is a pretty amazing woman and I'm so impressed she is working to make this class - a dream of hers - a reality. And I'm pretty sure it will be an amazing 5 weeks.

Oh summer, thank you for the energy and ability to make things happen in my life! You are such a welcome break from the craziness that is life during the academic year.

8 comments:

Kara said...

That fabric is destined for greatness.

And I think it is awesome to take a stand for positive body image. The world definitely needs it.

Dee said...

Can't wait to see your blog on body image. I can't believe how many people profess to "hate their body". It makes me sad.

My body may not be ready for Playboy, but it certainly works hard.

Christine said...

I love your blog make over! Very pretty. I'll be interested to see your blog on body image. Its been bizarre seeing my body grow :) Christine

Amanda @ The Hungry Wanderers said...

Have you seen/heard about Operation Beautiful? If not, check out the website (I think it's just operationbeautiful.com) I think it's right up your alley :-)

Looking forward to seeing you next week!

kids spanking stories said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Superb mission! We have all happened to be looking for topics as exciting as that. Getting excited about the following article.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.