Saturday, July 24, 2010

Soupy Goodness

Last night, I made tomato basil soup. A colleague had given me some homegrown tomatoes earlier this week and added to them Friday. I adore tomatoes but couldn't eat them fast enough. I found this recipe on the Food Network site but of course went off script a bit. I added a bit of garlic and more basil than the recipe called for. And, since it was in the fridge I threw a little heavy cream in for good measure.
It came out completely delicious! It's creamy and tomato-y with just the right amount of basil. I have about two bowls in the fridge, one of which will be dinner tonight. I can't wait!

4 comments:

natalea said...

looks wonderful! i just love soup...I've been making a lot myself.
Hope all is well! happy weekend,
xo natalea

Christine said...

OH this looks delicious!!! I'll have to try it out!

madalyn said...

Looks delicious! I love tomato basil soup.

Maria Rose said...

I love tomato and basil together, possibly the meaning of life.