Friday, August 13, 2010

Peaches, Corn and Sewing: What, they don't go together?

This past weekend, my friend Katie and I went peach and corn picking. It was a lovely sunny day and we were all for embracing our inner goofball. The peaches were huge and beautiful. We picked a half peck, so we each ended up with 5 peaches. In retrospect, I wish I had come home with more. Because they were delicious....
As for corn, we didn't pick as much. I had just eaten two ears the night before and Katie had some at home. The corn field ended up being lovely entertainment though. We took lots of photos and just had a good time.
I've been thinking about scrapping - for now - the summer dress I was working on (and is currently guiltin' up my kitchen table) and starting a quilt top. Simple squares of loveliness. Everything keeps calling me back to quilting. Meanwhile the dress languishes on the table, not inspiring me to sew at all. And because it's in the way of other projects I sulk off to the living room and do nothing.... So I'm thinking this weekend will involve some cleaning and pulling out of quilting fabrics. Maybe some square cutting. Ahhh... the decision makes me feel better already!

3 comments:

Maria Rose said...

I wish we could pick here, there is only wheat and ranch land around these parts.

madalyn said...

I just picked up some Michigan peaches at the grocery store. Yum!

Dee said...

Peaches are my favorite fruit! Yours look like they were really juicy!

Hope you get your quilt mojo going and no more dress guilts.