Monday, August 2, 2010

A Shakespearean Picnic

My friends and I had a lovely time at Shakespeare in Clark Park on Saturday.
The show was A Midsummer Night's Dream. The audio was good, the audience plentiful and the actors funny. The weather cooled off a little so it wasn't too hot and the sun was shining and bright.
The day dipped into evening as the show progressed. The lights came on, though the bugs stayed away. We had sandwiches, cake and wine. An old man offered me a peach.
It's definitely one of my favorite summertime activities in Philadelphia.

2 comments:

Maria Rose said...

I haven't been to Shakespeare in the Park in ages, looks like such fun!

Kara said...

I just love Shakespeare in the park. There is something about being outside on a summer night listening to the bard that makes things magical.