Monday, January 3, 2011

Fearlessness perhaps?

As I have done for the past couple of years, I decided to again embrace a theme in 2011. Savor the Possibilities (2009) and Leap (2010) worked quite well to remind me of what is important in life and the need for continual growth. For 2011, I'm going with "Be Fearless." Too often in my life, I've let the "what if's" hold me back or make me over think. And although thinking things through is a good thing, overthinking is not. I want to live my life a little more on the edge. I want to seek adventure and say the things I would have held back in the past. I want to practice bravery. And so "Be Fearless" it is. I'm hoping it will inspire me throughout the challenges and bursts of happiness in 2011.

I'm also hoping to live by these tenets, inspired from The Happiness Project:
  • Don't overthink.
  • Be yourself.
  • Each day, celebrate you.
  • Savor what is right in front of you.
  • Focus on love.
  • Don't take things personally.
  • Be creative.
  • Later may not come. Do it now.
What is guiding you in 2011?

2 comments:

Maria Rose said...

My husband and I were just talking about that same idea. We spent our 20s being cautious and school focused and now we are thinking we need to be a bit more willing to take a risk!

Dee said...

A restful soul --- knowing I did my best, worked hard, was kind and took time to enjoy the day.