Saturday, January 1, 2011

Year in Review: 2010

Oh 2010, you were a good one! I feel like the last year offered me a number of wonderful, fun and engaging blessings.
  • I made a couple of fun trips to Buffalo to visit family.
  • I mastered a tomato basil soup recipe.
  • My step-nephew got married to a beautiful and lovely woman.
  • I went on many, many hikes in the woods by me. Rosy delighted in swimming in creeks (and sadly rolling in gross things).
  • I tried to Couch to 5K my life. My body rebelled. I got the opportunity to strengthen myself in other ways.
  • I Unravelled. And I'm better because of it.
  • I got Estelle.
  • I started a 365 project. My photography has grown as a result.
  • I've embraced Philly by visiting Eastern State Penitentiary, finally visiting Betsy Ross' house, going to the Devon Horse Show and seeing the orchestra a bunch.
  • I picked apples. And pumpkins. And peaches. And corn. And strawberries. All with my gorgeous friend Katie.
  • I said "see you soon" to my friend Robyn as she moved to Indianapolis.
  • I got to go whitewater rafting with my friend Jen.
  • And I watched the same Jen marry the love of her life.
  • I met a delightful man that I enjoy spending time with.
  • I stopped to smell the roses.
  • I helped coordinate a movie night in the courtyard of my apartment complex. It was a great time with my neighbors.
  • I revisited my alma mater with a good friend from college.
  • I visited the flea market and scored some good finds.
  • I made a number of trips to the arboretum.
  • I continued to grow my friendships.

I'm truly, delightfully blessed. I can only hope 2011 will offer similar, wonderful gifts.

3 comments:

Dee said...

Sounds like a pretty great year. I hope 2011 is even better!

Kara said...

Yay for 2010!

Wendy said...

A very nice list indeed. I could feel the smile as you typed it in.