Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Beauty of Philly {is Everywhere}

The clouds last night were dark and bold. They begged to be photographed but driving on I-95 required attention. As I looked in my rearview mirror, I saw the skyline of my beloved city. I could not help but smile at such a sight of my adopted hometown. I drove for an hour to go to The College of New Jersey to help with the beginning of a new chapter of my sorority. It was a delightful time. But that drive keeps echoing in my head.... the beauty of the clouds, the shimmer of the buildings, and the flow of traffic. It is moments like those that remind me why I love this city.....

2 comments:

Dee said...

..and why you keep making me so, so homesick!!! ;-)

Still a Philly-girl at heart even after all these years.

Maria Rose said...

How lucky that you so love your adopted home!