Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I'm Gonna Get Political...

So if you don't like that, walk... no run... to another blog for a second.

from PostSecret


This is part of what concerns me
about the US House's vote to bar federal funding for Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood offers a number of services for women's reproductive health. All of the federal funding they have received over the years has gone for cancer screenings, HIV testing, birth control and other life-saving procedures. None has gone to perform abortions. Planned Parenthood has literally saved women's lives. This vote will impact women in poverty at a greater level than women with resources. It's just not good. I sincerely, completely hope the House of Representatives will reconsider this action and decide the basic health care provided by Planned Parenthood is not only worthwhile but essential for the women of America.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear

kandeland said...

I hear you too Stacy! don't even get me started!

Iron Needles said...

I am right there with you, and agree.