Sunday, May 8, 2011

Fabric Love

What better way to spend your birthday than fabric shopping? How about relatively free fabric shopping? Groupon for $50 of fabric + $11 = fabulousness.
I'm loving the pink and green combination in this first photo. They all look so awesome together. and mixed in with some of the other pinks and greens I have, these will be an awesome patchwork quilt.
I bought a lot of 1/2 and 1/4 yards for quilting projects. These two of above will be a bag of some kind. I'm loving the two together. The fabric on the right is some oilcloth, which will be fun to work with.
And some additional 1/4 yards. The color scheme is obvious, isn't it?

And some fabric for some upcoming baby boy projects. I love working on things for kids.

Luckily, a friend also showered me with fabric. My friend Laura sent me some of the Denyse Schmidt fabric for JoAnn's since I couldn't get it at mine. And she wrapped my presents in fabric, something I think is just awesome.
According to the woman at the store, I'm definitely not a hoarder. Just a fabric lover. Yep, I'm going with that. Now off to roll in my fabric.... or something.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I am loving your fabric choices! I hope you have fun sewing! Groupon + fabric = super win! ;)

Dee said...

I love the fabric in the third picture. Such cool blues/greens. Can't wait to see what you make with them.

Karina said...

You made some beautiful selections. Fabric shopping just makes me happy - even if I never get around to using them all. Some day I'm going to have a craft room with all my little lovelies out on view. Not a hoarder....just a lover - that's my story too.