Monday, June 6, 2011

A Square Existence

I cut out a bunch of squares yesterday to start my patchwork pillow sham to replace one of the ones that came with the couch. Lots of the Denyse Schmidt for JoAnn's fabric waiting to compliment my couch... Now I just need to decide on the layout and get sewing!

I was supposed to go to book club yesterday to discuss The Dressmaker of Khair Khana. Sadly, between 7 different routes to my friend's being shut down due to a bike race in Philly and seeing spots foreshadowing a possible headache while driving there, I didn't end up going. No discussion, lots of "leftover" cupcakes. Gotta figure out what to do with them all! (If only I could send them out over the internet!) By the way, it's an excellent book and I definitely recommend it.

Luckily, time and a short nap on the couch eliminated the traffic issues and spots.... so the day was not a total loss. How was your weekend?

2 comments:

Kara said...

The fabric is really cute. What a fun project.

My weekend was good but too short!

Laura said...

The squares look great! Looking forward to seeing what you create. We always have that problem at our house when we make cupcakes. Far too many for just the 2 of us!