Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tickling the (Fabric) Ivories

I started cutting out 8x4 inch blocks last night for my next quilt. The plan is to have it be of similar style to the Piano Keys quilt. I didn't cut much of the fabric yet so I am hoping for a few more nights of cutting this week and maybe some actually sewing over the weekend. Plus, I have to go digging for some of the fabrics, which are in the bottom of my fabric basket. It's inspiring to have a new project in the works though!

As for an old project, my pillow sham, I'm in a holding pattern until I get a pillow form in the size I want. I haven't had time to run to JoAnn's and feel more comfortable finishing the project - and even my final vision of it - when the pillow form is in my hands. So it is sitting to the wayside waiting....

What projects are keeping you busy these days?

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yay for new projects! The Farmer's Wife Quilt A-Long is my new project and it is quite addicting already!