Thursday, July 14, 2011

No Melting (Luckily)

Earlier this week, I visited hot and humid DC with the man friend. It was a lovely little vacation. We visited a number of different places, had dinner with my aunt and just generally relaxed.
Can you tell we're dying from the 97 degree day here?

We went to the National Museum of the American Indian. I've never been before and wow, it gives you a bunch of information about a number of different tribes all over the Americas. I'm partial to information on the Iroquois, being from New York originally. (There was not nearly enough there on the Iroquois for me.) It's a great museum and I think I could totally go back and spend more time there.

And we visited the Spy Museum, another place I've never visited. That was all sorts of information on spying that I never knew. And I managed to keep my cover throughout. Call me Carol Liu and know my vacation in Russia was lovely.
I love looking out from the Lincoln Memorial. The view and the sense of history - both Lincoln and MLK - never gets old for me.

We visited the monuments on Monday night. It was still humid but a quick little rain storm helped to cool things off a bit. It's always good to do the walk from the metro station to the Lincoln Memorial and back!
I'm so glad we were able to get away for a couple of days. Perfectly lovely! I'm blessed.

2 comments:

Maria Rose said...

What a fun trip!

Laura said...

Lovely photos! Looks like it was a great time. :)