Thursday, August 18, 2011

Holy Fabric Batman!

The past two nights, I've spent time sorting through two large garbage bags of fabric. Fun? Yes! A bit of work? Yes! After a friend of mine visited her house, I inherited a bunch of Julie's hand me downs now that she's moving to California. And can I say wowzers?
There were a number of fat quarters... each of these stacks above (sorry, no sun today for good lighting!) is about 2 or 3 inches thick with green, pink, purple, blue and yellow fabrics.

There were buttons, bias tape, ribbon, tassels and rick rack. There was fleece. And there were lots and lots of scraps. (Shhh, don't tell but I kind of love scraps.) I sorted and sorted. I came out with two baggies full of scraps for me and one bag for my friend Laura, who is also getting some fat quarters.
I already have a bunch of ideas for the scraps, including a baby girl gift that I need to do this week (really, the mother is in single digit days to her due date!!). But perhaps a wee more sorting now... but color!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Yay for inherited fabric! Thanks for thinking of me. :)

Catherine Just said...

YOU are incredibly awesome! Thank you for your post on my blog today. Loved hearing from you outside the 365 group. Lots of love!

Maria Rose said...

Oh yeeeah!