Monday, August 8, 2011

If Only There was One More Day...

Why is it that weekends go by too fast? I had a delightful weekend with friends and the man friend. And now I'm snapping back to reality with work and a dentist visit today.

On Saturday two of my friends, Rosy and I took to the woods for a hike. It's been too long since I've been out climbing on the rocks, watching Rosy lay in the creek and generally enjoying the beauty just a small distance from my home. As we walked along the creek, I took this photo and doctored it up a little with the Instagram app, one of my new favorite things to play with. Afterwards, we visited one of my favorite restaurants for brunch and spent the day baking and hanging out.
Saturday night was supposed to be our outdoor movie at my apartment complex. A soft sprinkle with the threat of heavier rain made me call things off. Taking my computer and a LCD projector outside just didn't seem like a good idea. Luckily, a neighbor invited a few of us into her place for a movie and dessert.

Speaking of dessert (oh dessert!) I did do some baking. Early Saturday - pre-hike - I visited the local farmer's market and picked up a bunch of raspberries. While visiting with my friends over a bottle of peach wine and an Ikea catalog in the afternoon, I made a clafoutis to take to movie night. I'm so glad a few people still got together or I'd have a lot of dessert to eat on my own!
Sunday was a quieter day, allowing me to finish my book, Life from Scratch and do some laundry. The man friend brought pizza and Weeds over to wrap up our evening together.

Life is so sweet sometimes....

4 comments:

Dee said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend. I like how even when the plans change because of weather, you still had a wonderful weekend.

The clafouti looks delicious.

Kara said...

Wow. What a lovely weekend even if it was just for tow days!

Jill said...

Lovely, indeed :) I enjoyed a great weekend as well (finally, this summer has been up and down for me!).

Maria Rose said...

I love that bridge in the first photo!
Looks like you are really enjoying life!