Monday, August 22, 2011

A Little Baby Gift

One of my friends is in single digits to her due date. I've been a bit of a slacker in getting a small baby gift to her and I figured I'd better get on it now! So I pulled out a bunch of scraps today and put together a stroller blanket for her. I went with pink fabrics and a few with another dominate color and pink highlights.
I put together a patchwork front and quilted it to some batting. I attached it all to some minky. Minky really is the perfect baby fabric, isn't it?
It all came together in about 1.5 hours. I'm pretty happy with it and hope my friend likes it. Now, let's see how long it takes to get in the mail!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

How cute is that!? I seriously need to break out the sewing machine and try.

Maria Rose said...

Awesome! Cordelia loooves the blanket you made for her. She uses it every single day!

Kara said...

Cute!!! That is such a great idea.

Laura said...

Yay for FO's! I love it. :) Can't wait to see a bigger photo of it!