Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Oh, Buffalo....

Oh friends, I feel as though the summer is getting away from me and I've barely been able to chat with you all and share what I've been doing. July was spent mostly out of town at conferences and on vacation. I fully recognize what a blessing it is to be able to take vacation but wowzers, I'm looking forward to being home all of August.
Most recently, I was at a leadership conference for a sorority in Ohio and then up in Buffalo to visit my mom and celebrate Christmas in July with the extended family. Both trips were delightful but the trip to B-lo was the juicier of the two. Oh, what did I do you ask? Well....
  • I was able to spend a lunch with my friend Tina, who I have known since my sophomore year of college. It's always so good to catch up!
  • I went a Wine and Culinary Festival at Artpark with a couple of sorority sisters and my mom. I came home with 4 bottles of Niagara Wine Trail wines.
  • I celebrated Christmas with my mom's siblings and families. It was a hot day and the kiddos were given squirt bottles. Let's just say the misting was delightful. And it was good to chat a bit with my cousins.
  • I visited my favorite flea markets and found two treasures. (More to come once I photograph them both!)
  • I was able to visit with two of my favorite stepsisters (and my mom!) over lunch at The Lunch Box in Delaware Park. Charming place and charming company!
  • I picked up some good WNY beer for the man friend.
  • I bought a new battery and watchband for my dad's watch. My dad passed away when I was 14 so this watch is pretty special and it's nice to have it updated and ready to wear!
  • And a few mundane but good errands....yummy Buffalo chocolate secured at Watson's and a haircut from my old Buffalo hairdresser.
Oh yes, it was lovely! And now I'm back and ready to enjoy the delights Philly has to offer this August. Can't wait for the adventures.

4 comments:

Dee said...

Glad you had such a good visit to Buffalo. My personal trainer is from there --- he's glad to be in Florida, but he talks fondly of Buffalo too.

Can't wait to see your new treasures.

Tina said...

It was good to see you too! Glad you made it home safe!

Laura said...

Oh, Buffalo how I love thee. Glad you had a great trip! :)

Maria Rose said...

Sounds very busy and very fun! I have 1 more trip and then, like you, I am ready to be at home!