Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Paisley Roof

I needed something new for my apartment door. It's an ugly brown shade - you know, the color of the M&M they got rid of when they brought Blue on to the market. Really, who chooses that color? Knowing my management company, it was probably on sale. Anywho, there was a small bird out there but she'd been gracing the door for a while and needed a break.
And for some reason, this little house popped into my head. It must have been the fabric scraps sitting around. I cut out all of the pieces two nights ago but in laziness, I chose not to iron the pieces and thus couldn't begin. Last night, I motivated myself - it's amazing what a pro-ironing pep talk can do - and ironed and sewed it all. Now there is a fresh little something to greet my guests! And goodness know nothing says "WELCOME" like a paisley roof.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Cute! Gotta love impromptu projects.

Laura said...

Cute!