Monday, August 15, 2011

Pitcher This, Sicily 1926

Sorry, I couldn't pass up a classic Golden Girls quote! Although I do feel, to properly do Sophia Petrillo justice, I should be carrying a purse on my forearm and going out to the lanai.

I did a wee bit of thrifting this weekend. I was early to brunch with my girlfriends and wandered down to one of the West Philly second hand stores. In just the few minutes I had to shop, I found this little lovely pitcher. It's small - it would only hold about 2 glasses of water.
But doesn't that make it all the more charming? Definitely! And for 98 cents - yes, that's with tax folks - how could I walk away? Now to find where it should reside in my home!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Cute!

Becky said...

Adorable! and I laughed at the Sophia reference.

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

That's lovely. Probably originally made to hold water on the nightstand overnight.

Dee - JustD2Me said...

I was going to suggest the nightstand. LOL

It's beautiful. I love cut glass.

Maria Rose said...

Cute. I would use it as a guest, nightstand, pitcher.