Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Weekend Adventure

I realized I never shared my weekend adventures! The manfriend and I took a little day trip out to Philly to Lancaster County. Yes, we saw an Amish horse and buggy. Multiples actually. And yes, that made me happy. Yes, I said hi to the cows on our journey. It was truly pure delight.

The reason for our journey though, was to visit this place. Yes, we went to see wolves. They are AWESOME. (In retrospect, I should have done a bit more dancing on the trip. Because Dancing with Wolves is so much better than DWTS. Yeah, and I haven't even had sugar this afternoon. Makes you wonder, doesn't it!) This preserve helps to save wolves all over the country. They have some that used to be pets, some that are just pups still and some veterans who are 17 or 18 years old. This pack, pictured below, is the largest of the various packs they have. They have 3 acres of land to roam on. And my goodness, they are simply beautiful creatures. I learned a lot - the preserve's focus is on education - and really enjoyed the experience.
Afterwards, we went JoBoy's Brew Pub for lunch. The raves on Yelp commented on their exceptional BBQ. Both the manfriend and I tested those reviews with the sampler sandwiches. It's good - the pork and beef were definitely our faves. The beer was decent according to manfriend. I taste tested a glass of wine instead....

And then it was onward... Yelp helped us find Wilbur's Chocolates. I do love a good chocolate shop. They did have some not quite right looking sponge candy there. I thought about buying but decided to stick with what I knew wouldn't disappoint me. I'm glad I did! The buds are good and my chocolate bar with crispy pieces helped make the journey home even better....
Wolves, food, wine and chocolate: Yep, an utterly delightful day spent in Lancaster County.

2 comments:

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

I don't think I'm alone in having had a lifelong fantasy of running with a pack of wolves. Just as we love our dogs in our civilized homes, there's something about wolves that calls out to our primal instincts.

Maria Rose said...

Oh I love animal sanctuaries. Wolves are gorgeous!!!