Monday, July 9, 2012

Let Them Eat...

...tres leches! 

This weekend I made this yummy cake, based on the recipe from Amber. My friend Katie and I have had tres leches numerous times at a restaurant in my neighborhood.  The last time I was there, it was no longer on the menu.  I don't know if that is a temporary thing or forever but the recipe dropped in my lap when reading Amber's blog last week. 
It looked relatively easy and I figured it couldn't hurt to try it!  Overall, I would say it was pretty good.  I didn't make the topping, as I think it is sweet enough without it.  As for recipe modifications, when I make it again I might put in more condensed milk so the cake is just a little more saturated.  And if I can find a slightly denser cake, I might alter that as well.  Lastly, I'd also make sure to make it at least a day before serving.  It was definitely better on day two!!  That said, I'll definitely be making this again sometime.  Delicious!!

No comments: