Thursday, August 30, 2012

Cooking & Retreating

 Last weekend, I bought $16 worth of tomatoes from the farmer's market and made some spaghetti sauce.  Goodness, I love cooking my own sauce.  Mushrooms, ground turkey and onion added a little bulk to the sauce.  For dinner, I added tortellini and yum!  And I put two big containers in the freezer for winter consumption. 
The rest of the week has been a bit of a blur.  I had retreat with my students Tuesday and Wednesday and a training on campus today.  Between those events, general back to school issues and getting new staff members up to speed, things have been crazy busy.  I'm grateful I got to spend a little time down by the lake at retreat, just enjoying the water.  That's my kind of office! 
I can hardly wait for the weekend.  I have nothing planned.  Well, except a trip back to the farmer's market for more tomatoes so I can have some blanched ones in the freezer for chili this winter!  What are you up to this Labor Day Weekend? 

3 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Gorgeous photo of you. So lovely to see your smiling face.

I'll be kicking back this weekend, doing some painting and maybe seeing a movie. I'll probably sneak in a little baking too.

Laura said...

The lake is gorgeous and so is that photo of you!

Maria Rose said...

I am making some spaghetti sauce tonight or tomorrow! YUM!