Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Exposure

Have you seen this TED Talk on vulnerability
That right there is the whole reason I'm answering the Big Questions on the blog.  I'm trying to practice vulnerability and authenticity in a variety of different aspects of my life.  I'm pretty sure that's the only way I'll be the most me I can be.  There is a lot going on right now.  And there is also nothing at all going on.  I think that is part of why I've been frustrated.  Because although work is busy, I'm doing a bit more than ever before, and I have lots of thoughts swirling around, nothing is changing in my life.  My job is the same. My love and I are keeping the same pace as always.  Friends are good and steady.  My family is healthy with no big changes materializing - no babies, no weddings, etc.  I'm maintaining good, good things.  But I'm craving change.  So I'm grappling with how to be okay with things staying the same. (Don't most people grapple with change?)  Part of that is appreciating the blessings of sameness. 

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I've recently discovered TED and watch a couple videos a week. Thank you for sharing this one. :)