Tuesday, September 25, 2012

From Orchard to Pie

 I wet apple picking this past weekend with my friend Katie.  We haven't visited Johnson's Farm as much as we have past years (we missed strawberry and peach season!) so I'm glad we made a date and went.  They were picking Red and Golden Delicious and Empire apples.  I planned to bake a pie so I stuck with the Golden and Empires. 
 After apple picking, it was off to the pumpkin patch.  I didn't come home with this large one, instead favoring a smaller one for now.  I also got some gourds for a dish in my kitchen and some Indian corn for my front door.  Always an awesome little adventure! 
And on Sunday, I made the pie.  It's delicious!!  Now, if only I could share it with all of you....

2 comments:

Maria Rose said...

Fun! I love the fall harvest!

Laura said...

That pie looks awesome!