Monday, November 12, 2012

Keeping Out of Trouble

 Oh, I have such great intentions when it comes to blogging and then distractions get in the way.  Life has been busy with lots of stuff and my focus just isn't as good as it used to be!!  What have I been up to you ask?

:: Sewing a skirt. It's finished.  I'm not sure I'm a fan.  (Oh well!)

:: Walking amongst the leaves. 

:: Trying new dishes.  This is a new favorite, made last night. 

:: Going on an overnight retreat with a group of great fraternity men and hearing about how they are going to make a difference.  Sometimes my work is just so rewarding. 

:: Drinking lots of tea.  It seems to be my new favorite thing.  
:: Volunteering at the Penn Vet Working Dog Center.  Seriously, these dogs are amazing.  And it's so fun. 

:: Seeing Bill Clinton.  He was in Philly the day before the election. 

:: Playing catch up on email.  This fall has been tough with work changing and a colleague sick.  I'm just now able to catch up on things professionally and in my volunteer roles. 

:: Enjoying my book club friends.  We even talked about the book briefly.
:: Instagramming my heart out.  There are a lot of photos from the retreat site I visited this weekend, because they have a farm with sheep, a donkey, alpacas, a llama, chickens, mini horse and a peacock.  How could I not take lots of photos? 

:: Fooling around with new photo apps - Picfx and Signote are my two new favorites. 

:: Generally appreciating the gifts of fall..... I'm blessed. 



1 comment:

Laura said...

It's crazy how busy life gets. I feel the same way. Focused in some areas yet distracted in others. The chicken recipe looks great. I will definitely be trying it out!