Friday, December 7, 2012

Gifts and Puppies

Yeah, that definitely makes a good week.  Really, what's better than gifts and puppies?  I'm pretty sure nothing.
 It's been a busy week at work!  TGIF.  I've had a number of crisis, small and larger, to handle this week.  And I've had a number of good, fun student interactions.  I'm grateful for the last week of classes and the inevitable slow down that comes after it.  Next week holds reading days and exams, a time where everyone is more focused and fewer people are getting into trouble. 

This week was also my student group's Secret Santa/whatever gift exchange.  The council president used an internet program to draw names for everyone and I was lucky enough to draw her.  I found a great bracelet on sale at Loft.  It seemed just about perfect for her and as luck would have it, she loved it.  My package, above, of course needed a little flourish, and that feather ornament was perfect.  Gosh, I love a pretty package! 

My Secret Santa rocked too.  I listed some suggestions on the online site.  I've been wanting Crazy Stupid Love.  It's one of those movies I know I'll watch a number of times.... cute, funny and Ryan Gosling.  Plus, a great color of nail polish?  Awesome! 
 I did manage to find time to go see the pups at the Working Dog Center this week.  Gosh, they make any day better!  I got to watch a search and then walk a bunch of the little loves.  Throw in a few tug of war sessions and life is grand. 
I'm looking forward to the weekend and some good learning next week.  And hopefully some Christmas card writing soon too! 

How was your week? 

No comments: