Friday, January 4, 2013

Cupcakes, Friends and Good Food

How is it that things feel so crazy yet I really don't know that I have anything to show for it?  We've had a group of students that we've had to move at work.  That on top of my already crazy busy work January means I've been feeling like the plate is full.  Luckily, this weekend does not have too much packed into it.  Tomorrow, my friends are coming over for dinner and a post-holiday gift steal.  I got a great deal on four holiday plates at Crate and Barrel so that's what I'm contributing.  Our limit was $15 and they were $15.80.  And they are lovely!!  I'm hoping they are a hot item tomorrow!  I'm planning on cooking this strata for dinner.  Serious yum I think.... I'll report back! 

Along the lines of serious yum, I went to a cupcake class last night.  It was fun but different than I expected.  The group made mudslide cupcakes with a Kahlua ganash and an Irish creme frosting.  I got to go home with four mini cupcakes.  (I'm down to 2 already.  Two minis equal one regular, right?) Sadly, there was not unlimited frosting... 
Oh, and they encouraged people to bring wine to this.  (Yeah, like I need encouragement.)  It was a great time with my friend Jen and I'm so glad she asked me. 

Oh, and a wee bit of crafting news.... I have been working on a cowl.  I knit the whole thing and then decided I didn't like it.  So after the fun of frogging, I am knitting it again. I'm about half done and hope to have something to show you soon. 

Okay, I think I'm off to hunt for some artichokes!  Happy Weekend-ing folks!  


2 comments:

Laura said...

what a fun time you had at that cupcake class! I hope your dinner party is great fun too! I'm actually having dinner with work peeps tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. Oh, and I love, love, love the cowl you made for me for Christmas! It is SO cold here and I wear it everyday!

How's that for a random comment? ;)

Gloria said...

Your cupcakes are pretty & sound delicious.