Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Life, Movies and New Jewelry

January is my busy month at work.  Or at least the craziest, as I guess most months September through April are busy.  Anywho, the crazy period has (mostly) ended and I'm getting back to my normal routine.  I actually got home tonight at 5:40! 
A note of thanks from my students
So not too much crafting going on around here right now.... although I did play with spray paint the other day.  I had an old grapevine wreath that is now gold.  I'm thinking a pretty little St. Patty's decoration for my front door.  The only "problem?"  I'll have to go to the craft store to find the right things to go on it.  (Tragic, I know!)
Tug of war with my favorite pup

Flowers from my mama - lucky me!
 I have managed to have a little fun lately.  My friend's son turned one last week and I got to go to the party this past weekend.  I took a bunch of photos (okay, over 300!) for them including some of my friends and I playing with the tunnels and tents.  And the cake.... let me tell you that cake was crazy good.  Yum. 
 I also had another birthday party, for a friend who is slightly older than one, this past weekend.  It was out at a local BYO.  (Philly is a BYOB town.... kind of awesome!) The short rib was a-maz-ing.  And it was so nice to celebrate my friend! 
 Speaking of that cake, I hit up the bakery that made it on Monday after manfriend and I saw Silver Linings Playbook.  The cupcake above decided it needed to come home with me.  I'm so glad it did!! 

And have you seen the movie?  It was good!  And Bradley Cooper is easy on the eyes.  I think the only Oscar contender I still need and want to see in Zero Dark Thirty. 
Last up, my "I survived my crazy time at work" gift to myself.... this ring from Kate Spade.  I kind of love it!!  A happy addition to my accessory closet! 

How are you doing?

2 comments:

Gloria said...

That's really different. I like it! Wear it in good health & the knowledge that you earned it.

Melsa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.