Thursday, June 26, 2014

Back to Yoga

Since I was cleared for exercise six weeks after Chase's birth, I've been trying to get back to a regular yoga practice.  I'm a happier, healthier person when I'm doing yoga regularly.  And I need to rebuild some strength post-pregnancy.  During my first trimester, my doctor scared me off exercise with cautionary tales.  After miscarrying with our first pregnancy, I was easily scared.  That is definitely something I regret about my pregnancy because all of the research tells us yoga is good for a pregnant woman and makes delivery easier. 

I will say it's been hard to get back at it.  Although I'm lucky there is a studio two blocks from my home, I haven't always been good about dedicating myself to my practice.  As I'm sure you can imagine, I'm often tired.  (Wait, having a newborn makes you tired?  WHAT???)  So easily that can become the excuse for skipping my own self-care. 
I'm blessed with a great partner that realizes why doing yoga is important for me.  He makes my practice a priority.  I'm so grateful that he prompts me to go.  And so, it's back to the mat tonight! 

No comments: