Friday, June 13, 2014

Life Changes!

Just when I try to get back on the blogging bandwagon and then I go and have a baby.  My gorgeous, amazing son arrive on March 14th and since then, I have been BUSY.  My maternity leave went by in a flash.  A little less than a month ago, the manfriend and I also made it official and exchanged vows.  Now that my son is just about three months old and the wedding is done (and the home renovations are pretty much complete), I really am going to try to get back to regular postings.  I miss writing and sharing my life.  And I miss the connections you make with other bloggers when you blog yourself.  Fingers crossed! 

I want to start by sharing a few photos. First, here's my little love just after he was born.  His name is Chase and he is a delight.  He was a bit colicky but seems to be moving past that slowly. 
 He'll be 3 months old shortly. Look for a 3 month post to him shortly. 
 Here's a photo of him just last week.  Yes, the kid has pretty awesome hair.  Love it! 
And, for marrying my love.... Ted and I had a beautiful day.  It was a wee bit chilly in Western New York but sunny and beautiful.  Our wedding site, Becker Farms, was awesome.  They do a great job of managing an event.  And the apple trees were blooming, making for a great photo opportunity.  It was truly exactly what we wanted and so beautiful. 
Photo by K.A. Photography
 Our flowers were from Lorbeer's, a florist owned by people we used to go to church with when I was little.  They did a stunning job with everything, from centerpieces to bouquets to flower girl crowns to corsages.  For my bouquet, we has a locket added with pictures of my father and stepfather.  Since both are no longer here, it was both a way to honor them and to have them walk me down the aisle. 
Photo by K.A. Photography




Lastly, the home renovations are mostly done.  Our kitchen has been operational for a while (late January or early February I believe).  It was painted on Good Friday and now I'm charged (by myself of course!) with making valances and cafe curtains for the kitchen and dining room.  I finished one valance this past weekend and got Ted to hang the rods in the curtain this week.  I'm hoping to sew the second one tomorrow so they will both by up for Sunday, when we are having a small christening party for Chase. Oh, how I can't wait to finish them all and see how everything looks! 

Life is good! 

1 comment:

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Aww!! Congratulations on the baby and the marriage! Chase is adorable! Enjoy that little baby fun while you can. :)