Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Apparently I Like Chocolate

It's been busy around here.  This past weekend, Ted was out of town skiing with his friends.  Chase and I had a big agenda and managed to accomplish most things.  On Saturday, we went to the Philadelphia Orchestra's kids program.  It was Christmas themed, with lots of great music.  Little Man was a dancing fool.  He sat on my lap and swayed a lot.  He bounced.  He loved it! I'm so glad we went; we might need to make it a holiday tradition. 
I also did a good bit of cookie baking for the holidays.  My friend Katie came over Saturday night and we made peanut butter blossoms and Russian tea cakes.  Both turned out delicious!  The tea cakes were a new recipe for us and a nice addition.  Today (yay for nap time!) I made chocolate sprinkle cookies. They are so fresh out of the oven, I haven't even tried them yet! Now, to ensure there are still some left for Chritmas..... how do I do that? 

We shared some of our cookies with our neighbors.  I had found the perfect gift for them that doubled as a container for the cookies.  It was a beer pitcher for the dedication of our local firehouse, where the husband serves as a fireman. 

Chase has also been practicing his standing.  Lots of pulling up then sitting back down.  He's gotten pretty good!  We've covered crawling, clapping, and standing in very little time. He has been in his 8 month sleep regression, waking up between 1-3 am for a bottle. Last night was the first night in probably 3 weeks that I didn't get up to feed him.  Mind you, he woke up a lot but always quieted down before he needed me.  I looked at the monitor at one point, thinking I might be needed, and he was sitting up in the corner of the crib playing.  I made a bottle and walked into his room to find him sprawled out, asleep.  He's taking an extra long nap this morning to make up for it I guess! 

He turned nine (9!!!) months old this Sunday.  I can hardly believe 9 months has passed already.  He's wearing 12 month clothes still but just about ready to go to 18 months.  He's active, not wanting to sit on me or be still for long. He's also very inquisitive. That said, at our little gym, he's tentative, not wanted to stray too far from me still.

He's eating everything! Anything we offer, he'll try. And most likely like! We've tried turkey, eggs, potatoes, pizza crust, and pasta this month.  I'm guessing lots of other things I'm forgetting too as he typically eats what I eat. We just started the sippy cup today at breakfast.
Oh, how I'm looking forward to Christmas.  We still need to get our tree up but I feel like things are coming together.  I can't wait for Chase to stare at our tree.  We were at my in-laws yesterday and he was fascinated by theirs so I know he won't leave ours alone.  Although it will require a lot of chasing after him, I'm looking forward to the holiday through his eyes. 
one of the 9 month old photos


1 comment:

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

He's adorable!Love the tush in the footie jammies! Your cookies look fantastic too. Have a great christmas!