Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Mmmmm Pie!

Well, I finally had a chance to cut into the faux fur. I sewed a vest using this tutorial and a fleece vest I have as a template. I'm actually really happy with how it turned out. I wasn't completely sure at until I was able to try it on. I styled with some maroon jeans, a plaid flannel shirt, and riding boots. 
 I haven't worn it yet because it's been too cold lately. I've been living in sweaters and sweatshirts lately. Hopefully soon it will get a bit warmer. Fingers crossed!

I have a half yard yesterday. A friend suggested making a matching vest for The Boy with a hood and ears. I love the idea but after thinking about it, I think the fabric sheds too much. I don't need him eating fuzz. He already eats everything he can stick in his mouth! So I think the spare fabric will make an excellent cowl for me. 
I also baked an apple pie this weekend. It's Ted's favorite and it was Valentine's Day so I figured why not. I used this recipe, which is truly awesome and delicious. I did not make the crust however; Pillsbury makes a pretty great one and I'm just a hint lazy. I even made a crust top hat for the top of it, as it was President's Day. Ted ate Lincoln's hat already though! 
 Other than that, I've just been busy with the volunteering I do for my sorority and for NGLA. There is a lot going on right now and The Boy is not too keen on me doing it during the day when he's awake. Honestly, it is a little overwhelming, after being with him all day, to sit down at night and work. But it keeps my hand in the field and gives me good experience. Hopefully it will quiet down a bit soon.

Oh, and I've been planning a first birthday party for The Boy!!  Talk about fun! More details soon.