Saturday, April 18, 2015

Groundhog's Day

Sometimes it feels as though my life is Groundhog's Day.  The movie, not February 2nd. Wake up, give the kiddo a bottle, catch a little GMA before breakfast, play until nap time, grab a shower (finally!) after putting Chase down, lunch time when he wakes up, errands, play, dinner, then bedtime. New day, same routine. I look forward to the weekends for a little break from the routine. The chance to spend more time with Ted and maybe be wild and crazy and make a trip to Target by myself.

Don't get me wrong.  I LOVE being Chase's mom. I love watching his development. He learns something every day. He takes everything in. He's fascinated and fascinating. I waiting a long time to be a mom. In some ways, he completed me.  I was a mom without a kid for a long time. And then I miscarried. And then we had Chase. Oh goodness, I'm so very lucky.

This week I'm a Scout widow. Ted's off at a scout thing today. Tomorrow, he's gone for a family thing. And then scout things after work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I feel like I just can't have a moment to myself. It's really hard sometimes. And sometimes, it feels like I can't possibly have another day of the same. I'm so looking forward to warmer weather so we can get out more. And I think we need to get out earlier in the day, even if it's just a walk up to Wawa.

And oh how I long for a craft workshop not directly next to Chase's room. The only time I have to sew is when Ted is home. I can't sew during nap time as the machine is too loud when I'm right next to the boy's room. I feel so limited. I'm grateful for the few projects I've created lately: two paintings and a door decoration for our house. I needed to channel my creative energy and oh, it felt so good! 

I know I'm blessed: great husband, awesome and healthy little boy, sweet dog, good house, fabulous family..... I could go on and on. And I will find ways to explore escaping this darn movie! 

2 comments:

Jhon mike said...

yytfyughuhuhuhu

Jhon mike said...

dtyyvjbibibububibnjbjn