Friday, May 1, 2015

This is 40

I'm about a week away from my 40th birthday. I can hardly believe it. I'm looking forward to 40. It's funny because when I was younger, it always seemed so old. But my 30s have given me so much: Self-acceptance. Self-discovery. A love of crafting. Self-love. Growth. Love. Marriage. Motherhood. I can only imagine the blessing the next decade will dish out.

This past year has given me:
  • Marriage. Ted and I will be married a year later this May. What a great journey this year has been! He's a true partner and I'm so very blessed to have him by my side.
  • Motherhood. Chase is over a year old. But so much personal growth has happened as I've learned my mothering style. Obviously, that continues to evolve and I'm looking forward to continuing to learn about myself in the process. 
  • Left my job. I wasn't growing as much as I would have liked in my job and I was honestly not looking forward to the 24/7/365 hours required while taking care of the kiddo. As much as I loved making a difference in student's lives, I'm glad I am taking time off for Chase. 
  • Continued growth in volunteer positions. It's been a big struggle to balance volunteering with the daily ins and outs of Chase's life. Honestly, I was a better volunteer when I was working, as I had little pockets of free time (lunch or the 10 minutes between meetings) to respond to stuff. Now I don't have that anymore and it's hard. Couple that with what sometimes feels like people dumping stuff on the stay at home mom, and it can be a struggle. I think I'm finally getting to a place where I can balance it. 
  • And a million other little moments that have created happy memories....
 I couldn't be in a better place as I bid farewell to my 30s and welcome this new amazing decade.  Bring it 40! 

No comments: