One of the things I've been thinking about a lot has been holiday hostess gifts. We don't have a ton of parties but I recently saw a Facebook post asking for ideas and it's continued bouncing around in my head. I thought I'd share a few of my favorites.
- Homemade scrub in a mason jar. I got some brown sugar scrub as a gift and love it. It smells good and makes my feet so much smoother. I also recently made a sugar scrub for my face with white sugar and coconut oil. Put these in a cute little mason jar with ribbon around the top and throw it in a gift bag = super easy and a nice little pampering gift for your hostess.
- Holiday hand towels. This set or this one from Target is cute and would be lovely to receive. And they are under $5! Plus you know you'll be in Target anyway!
- Always, a bottle of wine. I like Salmon Run wines and I'll never say no to a Gewurztraminer. Dr. Frank's is my favorite.
- A holiday table runner. My holiday gift for my son's teachers are Target dollar bin table runners that I appliqued Christmas trees on to. It's (almost - he's got two teachers) one of a kind and looks like it cost more than $3. Shop at craft fairs or again check out Target's selection.
- A candle. When I first met my mother-in-law, I brought her a candle with the cutest mini chalkboard on top with "thank you" written on it. It was small, she didn't need to open it right away, and it was practical. This one is a pretty option.
- A tree ornament. If you have an inside joke or share a common love for something, find an ornament that reflects that and gift that to your hostess. Every time she sees it, she'll think of you!
- Notecards. I love writing notes and always welcome a new set of notecards, especially when they are a high quality paper.
- For a friend who is still a kid at heart, one of the under $10 lego sets is such a fun idea. Again, put it in a gift bag for them to open later. Include a little note about wanting them to have some fun post party.